How did Flowering Dharma’s journey begin?
Flowering Dharma was formed in the year 2009, by the collective efforts of the students from Ladakh studying in various colleges in Delhi University, and later students from other parts of the India and abroad joined.
What is the vision of the organization?
Flowering Dharma is a youth initiative aimed at preserving the old Classical Indian Philosophical Tradition & Culture.
As a center for the study of classical Indian wisdom traditions, the prime area of focus are:
- Secular Ethics
- Inter-Faith Harmony
- Preserving Ladakhi Culture and Tradition
- Study the convergence of Philosophy and Modern Science
- Preservation of the environment
What is the mission of the organization?
Major attention is given to the youth and towards the introduction and exposure to the various philosophical backgrounds, study and reflection in the areas of convergence and divergence between these philosophical stances and modern science lend a good hand in nourishing a healthy mind with its roots in wisdom and compassion.
Who are the people that contributed throughout for its continued & smooth functioning?
For past 7 years, Flowering Dharma has been running successfully by the students from various parts of the country and the world. Around 500-600 students from various regions and backgrounds voluntarily participated in the programs and helped in the fulfillment of its cause. Apart from the students, the main advisors without whom these 7 years would not have been a success are:
- His Eminence the 9th Kyabje Choegon Rinpoche Tenzin Chokyi Gyatso
- Prof. (Geshe) Dorji Damdul, Director, Tibet House, Cultural Centre of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Delhi
- Prof. (Geshe) Konchok Wangdu, Director, Central Institute of Buddhist Studies, Leh
- Prof. (Geshe) Jamyang Tashi, Thiksey
- Mr. Stanzin Dawa, Regional Coordinator, RGNIYD, Chandigarh
- Prof. (Geshe)Tsewang Dorje, Director, Ngari Institute, Leh
- People of Jammu & Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh & Delhi.
Various other supporters and well-wishers have also contributed immensely to every project that we carried on. Their contribution has been immensely precious and a great source of inspiration and motivation.
How is the organization funded?
In the past, we have relied on the goodwill of our generous donors and sponsors from different areas. Also, we have worked in close association with various institutions and organizations. It has been receiving constant support from the people of Ladakh as well.
Is there any model formatted for self sustenance of the organization?
The organization in 2016 started Alphonso Club, www.alphonsoclub.com in order to become self-reliant and sustain the activities of the organization. Alphonso generates funds through providing designing services, arranging tours, etc. The funds generated through this club is used for carrying out the activities and programs of the organization.
How many people are associated with the organization?
When first formed, Flowering Dharma was a student focused NGO which was run and supported by the students themselves. The student volunteers have been the backbone of this NGO. So, over all these years the organization have had the opportunity to work with thousands of students. It has 9 main administrators, 94 Executive members, 543 Members and Volunteers and 2,203 subscribers and 10,983 members on social media.
What is the working model of the organization?
With the aspiration of applying compassion and wisdom traditions in the activities of the Centre, we organize various events, such as;
- Outstation Programmes
- Certificate Courses
- Exposure Tours
- Guest Lectures
- Cup Talks
- Fundraising Programmes (Alphonso Club)
How can one volunteer with the organization?
Anyone interested in knowing more about our work & volunteering with us can mail us at email@example.com, contact us at +91-9910018012 or visit our center in Leh Ladakh (J&K) and Delhi. (The addresses of the centre is provided in the contact details)
How can one get associated with the organization?
Anyone interested in knowing more about our work and working with us can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us at +91-9910018012 or visit our center in Leh Ladakh and Delhi. (The addresses of the centre is provided in the contact details)
Which are the organizations that it has been closely associated with in all these years?
It has worked in collaboration with institutions belonging to the areas of education, social, cultural, youth, etc. They are;
- Tibet House, Cultural Centre of H.H the Dalai Lama, Delhi
- University of Delhi
- University of Jammu
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Central Institute of Buddhist Studies, Leh
- Deer Park Institute, Bir Himachal Pradesh
- Himalayan Cultural Heritage Foundation, Leh
- Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India
- Nav Nalanda Mahavihara, Arunachal Pradesh
- DoKAA (Chos Rig), Arunachal Pradesh
- Central Institute for Himalayan Cultural Studies, Dahung West Kameng, Arunachal Pradesh
- Peace Foundation, Nepal
- Tibetan Youth Congress, Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Regional Centre, Chandigarh, under Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India.
Which are the student organizations that it has close associations with?
- Ladakh Student Welfare Society Delhi
- All Kargil (Ladakh) Student Association Chandigarh
- Ladakh Student Association Chandigarh
- Manipur Students Association Chandigarh
- Sikkim Student Union Chandigarh
- Arunachal Students Union Chandigarh
- Lahaul-Spiti Students Association Chandigarh
- Naga Students Union Chandigarh
- All Kinnaur Students Association Chandigarh
- Regional Tibetan Youth Congress Chandigarh
- All Ladakh Student Welfare Association Jammu
- Student Association of Ladakh Jammu
- All Ladakh Student Association Jammu
WHY US URSUS MAURIS QUIS LACUS LACINIASEM EGET VEHICULA CONVALLIS ?
Pellentesque mollis eros quis massa interdum porta et vel nisi. Duis vel viverra quam. Etiam molestie odio lacus, vulputate feugiat tortor condimentum eu.
Laoreet sodales turpis, sit amet fermentum orci ultrices lentesque mollis eros quis massa interdum porta et vel nisi. Duis vel viverra quam. Etiam molestie odio lacus, vulputate feugiat tortor condimentum eu.
it eros. Morbi laoreet sodales turpis, sit amet fermentum orci ultrices non.