Flowering Dharma, a foundation for Education, Ethics, Culture, and Change.
It is a youth initiative aimed at preserving the old Classical Indian Philosophical Tradition & Culture. The organization was formed in the year 2009, by the collective efforts of the students from Ladakh studying in various colleges in Delhi University, and later students from other parts of the India and abroad joined.
The organization in 2016 started Alphonso Club, www.alphonsoclub.com in order to become self-reliant and sustain the activities of the organization. Alphonso generates funds through providing designing services, arranging tours, etc.
It is an organization that envisions instilling the virtues of ethics and morality. The prime focus is on the youth; introducing and exposing them to the various philosophical backgrounds, and the study and reflection in the areas of convergence and divergence between these philosophical stances and modern science lends a good hand in nourishing a healthy mind with its roots in wisdom and compassion.
Aims & Objectives
- To organize conferences, seminars and workshops concerning Environmental Issues, Educational Development, Cultural Preservation, Scientific & Ethical Education.
- Development of the Cultural Heritage of the Himalayas.
- To preserve the Old Classical India culture and tradition.
- To renovate old Traditional Houses and Restoration of Heritage Sites.
- To preserve and promote the Culture and Language of the Himalayn Region.
- To work on Ecology, protect Local Environment and Wildlife.
- To work on Educational Development.
- To preserve Buddhist & Tibetan Art & Culture.
- To preserve culture through Museum, Theatres & Audio Visuals.
- To emphasize on ethics and to promote religious Harmony.
- To generate employment through skill development training and to emphasize on self-reliance.
- To empower youth through leadership training and skills development training.
- To organize educational tours, study exchange programmes and certificates courses.
- To strengthen National Integrity and Peace.
- To Strengthen the Unity and brotherhood within Arunachal Pradesh, then within the Nation and the World among different communities, religious background, sects, different tribes and gender.
- To stress on Modern Education and Education on Mind training.
- To promote Mental and Physical Exercise like Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga respectively.
- To promote education related to Philosophy, Psychology and Modern Science.
- Providing Scholarship to students studying in the field of Philosophy, Psychology, Anthropology, Ecology and Modern Science in order to strengthen the Universal Brotherhood and Peace.
- To promote Secular Ethics & Harmony mainly within major Religious Traditions in the State i.e. Hindu Community, Muslim Community, Buddhist Community, Christian Community and the Non Believers.
- To emphasize on the study of Buddhist Philosophy and Psychology, Islamic Studies and Christian Philosophy purely based on non-religious sentiments and politics.
- To avoid violence and to promote the message of love and compassion